Norfield Church on Norfield Road, Emmanuel Church on Lyons Plain Road, Banks Tavern on Lyons Plain Road, Hamilton Toll House on Newtown Turnpike, Cobb’s Mill Inn on Cobb’s Mill Road, and The Onion Barn (at one time, onions were a large export business in Weston) on Weston Road each hold a place in Weston’s history.

The Old Weston Post Office on Route 53, just north of the intersection of Routes 57 and 53, is the remaining one of two that serviced Weston in the 19th Century.

The Coley Homestead on Weston Road is the home of the Weston Historical Society.

The Jarvis Military Academy on the corner of Norfield and Weston Roads was at one time the most valuable four acres in town — literally, since the owner, Andrew Sanford Jarvis, mortgaged the property over and over but never recorded them properly in his capacity as town clerk. He not only enlarged the school and failed to pay the builders, but before the end, he was actually borrowing money from his hired help. When his bank finally foreclosed in 1879, he was forced to record the original mortgages, which he had apparently managed to conceal from his subsequent creditors for more than 12 years.

Unfortunately, many of Weston’s interesting historic places are no longer visible or visitable.

There is the site of the Bradley Edge Tool Company on Lyons Plain Road along the Saugatuck River, which made tools that sold all over the country. It closed in 1911 and the buildings burned in the 1930s.

The Coley Mill on River Road is now a private residence.

Another major industrial and residential area known as Valley Forge, is now under water, flooded over by the building of the Samuel P. Senior Dam in the 1930s to make the Saugatuck Reservoir. An interesting account of this is the book Village of the Dammed by local writer Jim Lomuscio. The Valley Forge area is prized more now for its scenery and ambiance than for its historical importance.

Other places of historic interest are the various cemeteries around town, the largest being the Coley Cemetery on Weston Road.