There are several houses that date from the 18th Century. Many of them are listed at the Historical Society.

One of the oldest homes dates from 1728 and is in The Den Historic District. The Capt. Daniel Godfrey House on Norfield Road was built circa 1760; near it is the Jonathan Taylor House, built circa 1797, one of the oldest double houses in town — each half is a mirror image of the other, with a common chimney in the middle.